Saturday, June 05, 2004

Brrrrrr... June?

Yes, it's June 5th, in Central Virginia, and our high temperature today is a balmy 60 degrees. It feels and looks like Seattle out there today. But this is typical, schizophrenic Virginia spring weather, where we'll see temps in the 90's in April, and then in the 60's in June. I won't complain, I won't complain, I won't complain.... Pretty soon it'll be July and these cool wet days will be long gone, so I need to appreciate them while I can. Suffering from this poison ivy makes me want to shirk the garden, for the time being, until it heals. I really need to wear gloves out there all the time, especially when weeding.

One of my guilty pleasures on Saturdays is to watch the gardening shows you can find on various channels, my favorites being: Victory Garden (PBS), Gardening by the Yard, Spring!, and Gardener's Diary (HGTV). So I spent most of the day inside, since weather and poison ivy are against me, and enjoyed my shows!

I have added links to my sidebar, to some good gardening and botanical websites, and a few other websites I have. Happy surfing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home